EATING & DRINKING
Hands Down, Cups Up:
Our Favourite Sippy Cups
Of all the baby and toddler gear that’s caused me the most stress, it’s sippy cups. I’ve spent a small fortune trying to find the best cup for my kids: the one that doesn’t leak, smash when dropped, disintegrate in the dishwasher and – most importantly – that they like using.
At one point we had an entire cupboard devoted to sippy cups. They’d fall from the heavens when you opened the door. Somehow there were always too many, and never enough.
After four years of trial and error, I’ve found a handful of awesome kids’ drinking vessels that work perfectly for my family, and I’m ready to share my profound knowledge so no one else has to have a sippy cupboard of doom.
• Wow Cup •
As soon as we discovered this amazing spill-free, easy-to-use sippy cup, we tossed all our other cups. Here’s why:
- It’s a spoutless cup, meaning kids can drink from anywhere on the rim. Dentists and speech therapists are increasingly suggesting parents ditch cups with spouts altogether, suggesting they could have an impact on oral development. Which makes cups like this perfect.
- It’s legit spill- and leak-proof (unless it’s thrown, of course).
- Comes in two sizes: the 9 oz bottle, and 7 oz bottle, the latter of which includes a lid, and handles for little hands.
- It’s the easiest cup we’ve ever had to clean, coming apart easily and cleaning perfectly in the dishwasher or by hand because there are no nozzles or valves.
- As far as we can tell, it’s chew-proof.
Or grab a four-pack:
• Camelbak Eddy Bottle
Halfway between sippy cup and adult bottle, this is our favourite on-the-go cup, and because they are hard to find, we buy one whenever we see one in the store. Here’s what we love about this great bottle:
- This versatile cup comes with a straw, which can be removed for kids who prefer to tilt and sip.
- The silicone bite valve, straws and lids are all available in replacement packs. Best ever!
- Easy to clean in the dishwasher and by hand.
- Relatively leak-proof.
- Comes in awesome patterns and designs. We love ours!
- There’s also an insulated version of this cup available here.
- Valve is easy to open and close, even for little fingers.
- As long as this bottle is on the market, we’ll keep buying it!
• Take & Toss Cups •
Take & Toss cups are great for around the house or to throw in your bag when you’re in a rush to get out of the house. They’re not entirely leak-proof (despite claims to the contrary), and they’re not going to last you forever. But they’re cheap, which means it’s okay to misplace them.
- Travel cap protects spout while on the go
- Dishwasher safe
- BPA free
- Valve-free, spill-proof cups
- Ages 9 months and up
• Silikids Cup Toppers
These amazing silicone cup toppers have a permanent home in my diaper bag and restaurant bag. The soft, silicone cup lid stretches over most cups, allowing you to turn any glass into a sippy cup. The spout cup lid is perfect for lighter cups that kids can hold on their own. We tend to use the straw lid if we are at a restaurant that only has large or glass cups.
Here’s why we love this amazing product:
• Both lids are free from intricate valves, making it a breeze to clean in the dishwasher or by hand.
• They are made from 100% Silicone
• Lids can be boiled to sterilize, and are microwave safe
• Spill-proof, nuf said
• Compact and lightweight, making them perfect for home and travel. Leave some in your car, leave some in your purse, leave some in your kitchen.
• Silikids Straw Pack •
I could write a tome on the reasons why straws are terrible for the environment and should be banned, but this isn’t the place or time for that.
What I will say is that my family is trying hard to reduce our footprint on the Earth, and avoiding plastic straws is an important way we’re doing that. Which is why these Siliskin straw packs are amazing.
They come in six-packs of three different sizes, and we keep some in our baby bag, some in our restaurant bag, and some in our kitchen. They’re easy to clean, reusable, and help you tread lighter upon the Earth. Love them!
To order a six-pack of the silicone straws, click photo below:
♥ Hey! What are your favourite sippy cups? Share your family’s go-to drinkware in the comments!
Tiny URL for this post: